Friday, May 14, 2010

Long time no blog

Yes, I've been away for awhile; I was in Florida for 3 weeks tending to my in-laws who needed some extra help for a bit. It was really tough being away from my honey for that long; that's the longest separation we've had since we first started dating; 30+ years later, it was hard! The plus side of all of this is that I got to know my mother-in-law really well and we hit it off with a bang

                                              (I don't let just anyone sit in my lap!)

So, while the circumstances were not the best there and I didn't like being away from home that long, I did get a lot out of the trip. Unexpected pleasures in unexpected places.

The second treat I've had lately was a nice dinner prepared for me and Hubby by my baby boy. He swept thru the kitchen like a hurricane, leaving damage and destruction in his pathway, but the food was excellent!

Here he's trying to look goofy but I missed his best effort!
It's crunch time so he's serious now!

I also went out to lunch with my lovely daughter but didn't grab any pictures.
Two sweet kids that any mama would be proud to call their own.

Now it's back to some serious knitting; I'm making a couple of display socks for Craftsmeow dyer Gwen to show at her next fiber show (can never remember which one it is!) Both patterns are from Chrissy Gardiner's book "Toe-Up!" The first one is Peace Lily knit in limon-swirl and the other sock is Spring in Oregon in Ariel's choice (it may be a new color as I haven't seen it listed in her etsy shop). The yarns are nice and smooshy and make soft comfortable socks.


Once these are done, I have a host of single socks I need to make the mate for. I got in a sock frenzy one week awhile ago and knit a bunch of singles in a few days, reasoning I would go back and knit the second sock and not get too bored doing so. Then Florida and mild chaos came, so that went out the window. But, since it's spring and I'm not wearing socks then I have plenty of time to complete the pairs!

Happy friday

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy. How nice to come home to your children and DH-

    I'm sure you were missed.

    ReplyDelete