Sunday, February 15, 2009

New skill coming up

So, I've signed up for a spinning class; spinning with a drop spindle that is. It's an inexpensive way to learn how to spin yarn without having to invest several hundred dollars in a spinning wheel. 
There are so many beautiful colors of roving to buy at local shops and on-line at sites such as Etsy; I can't wait to be able to buy some and be able to spin it. There are a few alpaca farms local to Portland, am looking forward to visiting some this spring and being able to buy some of their fluff. My hubby has talked for years about having an alpaca farm and, believe it or not, I used to laugh at him because I thought it was a silly idea. Lo and behold, he's the one laughing at me! Sometime in our future we will buy a house with a little property so we can raise an alpaca or two, plus have plenty of room for our kitties to run around. In the meantime I can visit someone else's farm, or even buy some yet-to-be sheared alpaca fluff through Etsy; lots of fun possibilities. I have to wait two weeks for the spinning class, it is so far taking forever to get here. Hmm...... then there's weaving too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment